Selasa, 19 April 2011

A New Buffet and Some Easter Pretty

Hi Friends!  Remember when I showed you my foyer and springtime vignette?  You can see it here.  I mentioned then that I had been on the hunt for months for a buffet for the foyer.  Well, how quickly things can change.   Ta da!!

Isn't it beautiful?  I had been faithfully scouring local ads, thrift stores, estate sales, etc.  I found this listed on eBay classifieds.  Did you knot that eBay has a classifieds website?  This piece has a companion piece too, a china cabinet.  They are from the 1920's and both have been well taken care of and are in really good condition.  

I paid $225.00 for both pieces!  That is right, $112.50 each!  For now the china cabinet is on our screened-in back porch.  I had intended to use it in another place in our home but it simply didn't look right.

Now back to the buffet....I updated the table scape with an Easter theme.

I am using the same runner I had on the other chest.  Moved the plant that was in the silver wine cooler and replaced it with these cuttings from a ginormous tree in our back yard.  



Don't know the name of the tree but it has sweet white blooms on it.  My husband cut a lot for me and believe me, it didn't make a dent in the appearance of the tree.

I downloaded this awesome He Has Risen printable from Dear Lillie website.  You can get your own for FREE!!  Jennifer has them in several different colors.  Love her and her blog!  She is so talented. 

I placed a couple of cutie rabbits in front of the picture with Easter grass and eggs.  The crystal lamp is old but new to me, given to me by my Mom.  The two buffet lamps are in another spot for now.  



So what do you think about my new buffet?  I think it fits the foyer so much better than the chest I was previously using.  My plan is to paint the buffet.  I thought long and hard about it.  It is not yet an antique.  It is pretty like it is but I want to update it.  I am planning to use that fabulous chalk paint that everyone is blogging about.  Here it is again.




What color do you think would look good?  White?  Blue?  Green?  Gray?  I would like to use Duck Egg blue.  What are your thoughts?

Thanks for stopping by!  Libby~


Linking up to the following parties!

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style


Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life


Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm


Twice Owned Party at House of Grace

Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality





Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar